Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Speed Dating Follow Up

I got my matches Monday morning from speed dating. I got 3 matches. I had put a Yes to matches with 5-6 guys so that is a 50% success rate. I did get yes from 9 other guys, but they were the ones I wasn't interested in. Like the separated guys. And the guys who went to the 42-56 speed dating event the week prior and showed up for the 26-42 speed dating event I went to. Hmmm...smells like eau de desperation.

Only one guy emailed me so far, this guy R. He admitted via email that he is not good with dating or meeting women. OKAY! Like you want to admit you're a total social travesty in the first few emails to a gal your supposedly attempting to woo?

He might think he's being open and honest. I think if you admit that you're socially challenged that baldly means subconciously, you don't want to attract women to you. Imagine this interchange at happy hour at a local watering hole:

R: Hi.
Girl: Hi. What's your name?
R: I'm Rob. I'm not too good with dating or meeting women.
Girl: Rrrrrrrright. I see my friends over there waving to me. I'll see you later. (walks away)

He pointed out that there were some older ladies, "Cougars", he called them at the event. I emailed him back laughing at his description of some of the women, and telling him he shouldn't admit he was not good at meeting women since I thought he was really nice. I then followed his tongue-in-cheek comments about some of my own about the male speed daters. He emails me back: "Wow. Do you have anything positive to say about Wednesday night?"

Why is it that when he makes funny/derogatory comments about women it's witty, but when I make them about the guys I'm being negative?

I don't get it. I sent him back an email that I was just following up to an email where he admitted he had no social clue with women, called the older ladies Cougars, and said the guy who organized the event was wierd. Isn't that negative?

Yeah, I think Mr. R is showing why annoyed women everywhere are giving him a wide berth.

Folks: This is supposed to be EASY. Like conversation should be easy. Getting along should be easy. Not easy like lazy folk easy, but easy like: "Wow, I feel like I've known you forever." or "You're so easy to talk to" or "You're so cool!". That kind of EASY. I've been there before. It seems like a distant dream of a land, but I know it exists. And I'm not going to be with a guy until he gives me a glimpse that he also knows there is such a land and wants to revisit it with me. Does this meandering thought process make sense?

On a positive note, a new guy from Match called me last night. S is cool. He snowboards. Almost compulsively. I don't know if that's good or bad but I guess we shall see if it ever percolates to a date. But he has a full time job, his own place and co-owns a VT ski house. At least he's not a snowboard bum. Or if he is, at least he isn't a TOTAL snowboard bum. haha We talked for about two hours and covered a wide gamut of interests: religion, snowboarding, sex and music. The conversation was EASY. He emailed me right after we hung up and asked me if I wanted to get together. I emailed him back that I would love to get together. We shall see...

1 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Dating said...

good dating site for singles Free Online Dating

 

Post a Comment

<< Home