Thursday, November 10, 2005

Gear

Well, it is the infamous E-week at my lovely EMS. Yes, that means big sale on everything in the store. If I could swing it, I would buy muy amounts of gearage, but alas, I am on a budget.

The sale started Sunday and I was good. Only spent about 80 bucks...got a nice Marmot (love Marmot) Precip Plus jacket (originally $180) for $40, a snowboard carrier/hydration pack for $20. Got something else but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Went again last night and stocked up on a pair of Merrell snowboots that I wanted last winter. I procrastinated and they ran out of my size and I need them bad. My old pair of Sorels are shot and my Montrail hiking boots are too low-cut to keep the snow out. I also got tele knee-pads for snowboarding. I still need the elbow and hip/butt pads. I also got a nice pair of Acorn slippers for my cold cottage floors. I picked up some nice Bergelene mid-weight mock-zip tops for my dad and bro.

I also went to Pig Iron in Glastonbury. It's where I got my boots and binding for my Ride Solace board. I found the purple and grey Ride snowboarding jacket I wanted last spring for 70% off. So a $180 purchase was only $54. It also has an ultra cool zip out liner that is a faux-fur vest with hoodie. Ultra cool. Only thing is the Medium fit real well last spring but they only had one size Large left. It will fit all the other stuff I will have under it (like pads). It should be pretty loose-fitted so you can move around in it. It matches the purple and grey of my snowboard. The Ride VXN bindings and the Ride boots also match my board. Everything matches. It's so hokey I love it. Now I have to buy a pair of Northface Grey Hyvent pants.

I had an old pair of XL boy's Columbia bib-alls I got for $30 at Marshalls back in the day. They're still good but they are too tight for me now. Last winter I found myself with very little winter outdoor gear for snowshoeing, snowboarding and X-country skiing. I stocked up on Marmot: down jacket, Gortex Pac-lite shell and Jackson pants. I also got the Marmot Pre-cip shell (see above). I love how Marmot fits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home