Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First Light

Well, I'm just starting to see the light of the fast-approaching morning sun. It's that time in the morning when there is a hush and everything is a heavy and somnalent grey.

I've been fighting this tenacious cold. I thought I had it beat last week and felt fine this weekend only to wakeup this Monday morning feeling like utter crap. As the day progressed, I felt more and more icky, to the point where I had to cancel my date that night. I was in bed by 6:30pm and woke up around 11pm. I couldn't sleep, I had a slight fever and it wouldn't go away.

At about 3:30am, I was reading True Confessions of a Heartless Girl by Martha Brooks. And outside my bedroom windows I hear this big thump. Then hissing, growling and howling. Appears a pair of coyotes had cornered a poor house cat. This went on for about 10 minutes, with my hair standing on end cause it sounded like 3 or 4 coyotes out there...and the poor cat hissing and crying. It finally ended but it was right outside my window. Needless to say, I could not fall back asleep.

I have asked my landlord to put up brighter yard lights. I don't even have a yard light in the front of my house so I travel about a good 25 feet right in total darkness by the garbage cans to get to my front door. In the last few weeks, I have noticed dark forms slinking back from the yard to the woods bordering the yard, and it's freaking me out.

I'm going to make another request that he strengthen the lights in the driveway, breezeway and put one on my front walk way. This is ridiculous and a hazard to my safety that there is not good light source to scare animals away from the front path of my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home