Friday, November 04, 2005

We've got rugs!

For the past two weeks, I have been hunting local stores for area rugs and runners for the cold floors of my cottage. I hit up Home Goods and found beautiful rugs. Bought them, brought them home and tried them out...too small. Went to Job Lots. Found a nice berber area rug. Bought it, brought it home, too blah.

Then I got this flyer in the mail for Bed, Bath & Beyond. 5'x7' area rug with bonus runner and 2'x3' mat for $60?! WOW! I got the flyer Tuesday, went to the store yesterday (Thursday). Low and behold, they only had 3 left. I grabbed the black with gold/red/green argyles and flowers, hoping that it would match my bedroom decor. I took it home, unrolled it, vacuumed it and the runner and voila. I have found my nice new plushy area rug and runner. For $60! My bedroom looks so rich and finished! I woke up this morning and my feet sunk into warm plushy goodness. I had to call my mom to gush over my homemaking windfall. Now she plans on rushing over to the Bed Bath & Beyond later today to get a set for her house.

My life is wierd like that. I put out the vibe and energy that I am looking for something, and blam! Somehow an very good solution drops into my lap. It's so wierd. Now if only I could get it to work for finding a cute and decent guy!

I would rather do without, saving up my energy, resources and/or money, and be poised to receive the best possible solution to the quandary at hand. I'm thankful that my rug problem has been solved. Thanks karma/chi/guardian angels/God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home