Thursday, November 03, 2005

Clumsy Lovers

My friend Ken was over the other night. He called that he didn't want to be alone because his grandmother was dying. Walking into my little cottage whose living room is full of Rubbermaid Roughneck boxes, he said it was like I was living in storage.

His statement struck me so profoundly that it made me stop. It is how I've been feeling mentally and spiritually lately. Like I'm living in storage. And it definately goes in hand with my belief in feng shui. That your surroundings totally affect the energy (good and bad) that flows in and out of your life. And I was determined to clean up my house.

I've been on a carpet buying kick. My house lies on slab, which translates into COLD floors. I hate it because heating the place is a nightmare. I pay more in oil a year to heat my 800 square foot cottage than my parents do to heat their 2500 square foot home. Figure that one out. It's called no insulation!

I got to see one of my fave bands last night at the Half Door in Hartford: The Clumsy Lovers. I've seen them three times now and they always have such energy. My friends Owen, Dan, Maggie, Maria and Heidi joined me for the evening but none of them were dancing much. Actually, few people were dancing. The first two times I saw them were on weekend nights and I think people are more likely to get rowdy, drink and dance when they don't have to get up early the next day for work. I did get Dan, Owen and Maria out on the dance floor for a bit. I bought their new CD, Smart Kid, and had the band sign it and my red Clumsy Lovers tshirt. If they ever get famous, I'm so hooked up.

Leaving the pub, Owen and a couple up from New Haven found that their cars got towed. I almost had a heart attack and ran to see if my car got towed, too. Thankfully, it wasn't and I drove Owen and the Yalie couple to the impound yard. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for the tow-truck driver to arrive and they had to pay $104 each to get their cars back! What a ripoff!!! Thank you friggin Hartford police! sheesh...it's a Wednesday night...give us a break! Needless to say, was not too happy to get home at 1:30 am. But can't leave your friends in a lurch, can you? Dan and Amy stayed with me in a parking lot in Middletown until 4:30am this past summer because I locked myself out of the car. It's pure karma, baby. You get back what you put out. I've got great friends so I must be doing something right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home