Monday, April 17, 2006

Tisane's revisited

Last Wednesday, I went back to one of my favorite haunts, Tisane's. Located in the artsy-fartsy West End of Hartford on Farmington Avenue right across from Kinko's, it's has a good martini list and impressive tea selection. Walking in, there was a live three-peice jazz ensemble playing. Talking up a couple waiting at the bar to order their drinks, I found out that they have live jazz every Wednesday night. I ordered the Plum Sake martini and their turkey and cheddar pannini. When it warms up, you can sit on their patio and drink more martinis!

I met up with my old pal, DJ Markie G. Markie moved to the Midwest not so long ago. Wasn't too long before he figured out that they're a bit too square for his tastes and he was back in Hartford. I missed him a lot and glad for the chance to catch up on what was new in his neck of the woods.

It was nice to relax, listen to jazz, have a martini, eat a panini for dinner and just catch up with a great old friend. I really need to get out in Hartford more often. I've been much too much a recluse this winter. Mt. Snow really was strapping me for the ole cashola. One reason to be glad that spring is here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home